Games, Crafts, Music, and Special Guests are planned for this year’s Action Packed children's program at the Westview UMC Summer Camp. The registration fee is $30.00, $15.00 for siblings, and tuition is $150.00.
Summer Day Camp is for children ages 2-12 years old.
WUMC Summer Day Camp is every Thursday, June 6th to July 25th.
Theme days and activities include:
(NLT: All Bible lessons are associated with the New Living Translation Bible so as to use the plainest language possible for children to understand.)
Week 1 (June 6) - Carnival
Lesson: Sharing the kingdom of God with others (2 Thesssalonians 2:14-17) (Matthew 13-15)
Activities: All Summer Camp attendees will be at the Church this day (keep an eye out for field trip forms to come home). There will be a bounce house, fun games, music, and general play. Older students may bring an electronic device for 20 minutes of play.
Week 2 (June 13) - Art Smart Day
Lesson: Children explore an artist's world with hands on opportunities to work with various medium including clay, painting, and chalk. We will talk about how we can use our talents to help others and rejoice in the Lord. (Colossians 3:23)
- Preschool Students will recreate Van Gogh’s Starry Night
- School age students to go to Orijenals (located at 46 White Bridge Pike) 12pm-2pm. We will be recreating Van Gogh’s Starry Night on a 12x16 canvas (field trip cost: $22)
Week 3 (June 20) - Space Exploration
Lesson: We will learn about the Christian creation story of the Universe (Gensis 1-31)
- Preschool Students will make model solar systems mobiles
- School age students visit the planetarium at the Dickson Renaissance Center (Field Trip Cost: $TBD)
Week 4 (June 27) - Nature
Lesson: We will briefly review the story of Job. We will talk about trusting God. Preschool Students will review the story of David and Goliath. Highlighting the courage and trust David had to have in God to help him defeat the giant. (Psalm 23:1-6) (Job 12:7-10)
- Preschool Students will
- School age students will visit the Nature Center at Bowie Park, have a picnic, and play the “Trust Game” with each other (under supervision). We will share stories of how we have had to have faith (or trust in God) during a particular situation. We will talk about the balance of Nature. (Field trip cost: $5)
Week 5 (July 4) - All About America
Lesson: We will learn about the discovery of America, the first settlers, the first government, the evolution of the country through an established Constitution and Bill of Rights. We will discuss what freedom means to each of us personally.
- Preschool Students will review short films through Schoolhouse Rock and will create Flag crafts. A Military Veteran will come speak to the class for a short time.
- School age students will visit The Tennessee State Museum. Students will create their own Bill of Rights for their class. (Field Trip Cost: $5)
Week 6 (July 11) - Children’s Literature:
Lesson: We will learn about Aesop’s Fables. (The Grasshopper and the Ant, The Tortoise and the Hare, The Lion & The Mouse, The Boy Who Cried Wolf) Students will hear these stories and will discuss the moral lessons associated with them. School age students will also briefly touch on some stories from the Brothers Grimm (Hansel & Gretel & Rumpelstilzchen.)(James 1:2-4)
- Preschoolers will learn about Aesop’s Fables. (The Grasshopper and the Ant, The Tortoise and the Hare, The Lion & The Mouse, The Boy Who Cried Wolf) Students will hear these stories and will discuss the moral lessons associated with them.
- School Age children will visit the local Fairview Library and maybe even get their own library card (if they don’t have one). We will have a special reading from WUMC’s very own children’s author Max Sanders.
Week 7 (July 18) - Reflecting on God’s Word
Lesson: Respect and love for each other. It is through helping others with no promise of reward that we discover our true nature. (John 1:6)
- Preschool Students will create drawings to send to the Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital.
- School age students will volunteer with the outreach program “Helping Hands” and understand the true meaning of God’s words to “Love thy neighbor as I have loved you”. (Field Trip Cost: $5)
Week 8 (July 25) - Water Day (Last Day of Summer Camp)
Lesson: We will talk about the parting of the red sea. (Exodus 14-31)
- Preschoolers will enjoy water games, small age appropriate pools, and a visit from the fire department.
School Age children will visit the Fairview Pool (Field Trip Cost: $3)
Registration forms and tuition may be mailed to:
Westview United Methodist Church
7107 Westview Drive
Fairview, TN 37062
Click here to download a registration form.
Click here to download a Parent Handbook.
You may need Adobe Reader to view some of
our documents. Click the image below to download a free copy!